Thanks for your tests and this breakdown compilation of the current state.
This should be a page in the wiki.

----- Original Message -----
From: Joe Bogner [mailto:joebog...@gmail.com]
To: picolisp@software-lab.de
Sent: Wed, 17 Aug 2016 12:02:50 -0400
Subject: Re: Windows x64 PicoLisp preview

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I resurveyed the options on Windows this
morning for PicoLisp

1. pil32 compiled under mingw -- compiles but doesn't work due to issues
with reading from stdin -- example (load "lib.l") is read as (load "lib.")
. similar failures when invoking from command line

2. pil32 compiled under cygwin - compiles and passes same tests as midipix
pil64. However, when running the app/main.l it crashes with "DB read: Bad
file descriptor".  This has come up before (
https://www.mail-archive.com/picolisp@software-lab.de/msg03430.html) and
still seems to be an issue

3. pil64 emu - compiles but fails on (wait) tests... seems to hang
indefinitely. Possibly can be fixed with *C-params, but I don't
particularly want to run emu

4. pil64 midipix-based preview port [this release] ... runs app/main.l and
I can click around and view records. I noticed some instability when
editing and will research further

5. pil64 running under windows 10 subsystem - not tested as I don't have
windows 10 x64