Dear list,

I take the opportunity of this first post to introduce myself as well as the reasons for which I come here.

I am not a computer scientist nor a professional web developper but a kind of "power user" who often gets its hands dirty to build some applications as close as possible to what he wants... That being said, I have mostly built some websites using off the shelf CMS ;-)

However, my last "product" is a custom web application fully written from scratch in R to access a graph database. And this is why I am here: I want to rebuild it in order to add some "expert system" like capacity...

So starting to digg around, I first came to Prolog a few weeks ago and I started learning it from scratch. This very week, I discovered Picolisp. I started exploring it, and so far, I am really impressed! It looks very appealing: having at hand a powerful language, a built-in database system as well as Prolog make me dream ... though I don't know if I am skilled enough to be able to do anything useful!

Any way, I have it up an running on my linux box ... so expect me to ask very basic questions soon :)

Best,

Eric