On Mon, Jul 31, 2017 at 4:07 PM, Nehal <nehalsingha...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear PicoLisp programmers,
>
> Hi! I am Nehal, a new PicoLisp learner and programmer from India.

Hi Nehal, hi India !

> I am currently working on making simple, easy to begin with PicoLisp
> Documentation for school students. […]

This is great. In my opinion PicoLisp is a good choice.
As Lindsay said, it could be a nice entry point for PicoLisp beginners,
something that I needed in my first attempts to understand it and
something I dreamt to build myself. I'll try to contribute.

Let me put EmuLisp and MicroAlg to your attention:
http://emulisp.js.org/
http://microalg.info/
Although this last website and the language it demonstrates is French only,
you'll understand why I think it can inspire you.

EmuLisp, initially developed by Jon Kleiser,
is a partial implementation of PicoLisp in JavaScript.
At first it was a toy project for him to understand the internals of
PicoLisp better.
But for me it was a game changer and allowed me to use PicoLisp in the browser.
Beware, it's not PicoLisp compliant, for example it uses floats.

The second is a pedagogical language, a «Lisp for babies» as a friend coined.
It is a embedded in PicoLisp and thus can run on:
* «the real» PicoLisp
* miniPicoLisp
* Ersatz (partial implementation of PicoLisp in Java, from Alex himself)
* JS (browser and node)
* …

If your students are familiar with UNIX they'll be able to use the
full language.
Ersatz can help if stuck on Windows.
The same for EmuLisp running on Node with less features but will have
a faster startup.
EmuLisp will allow you to make online interactive tutorials like I did in static
pages like here:
http://microalg.info/tuto_rapide.html
or with a plugin for Dokuwiki:
https://github.com/Microalg/dokuwiki-plugin-microalg
used here:
http://galerie.microalg.info/
(quite difficult to jump in for students, but very powerful).
In every MicroAlg interactive text field you can type regular PicoLisp code