Hi Alex, list,

I was hacking 'VIP' a bit today, and thought I'd share the results.

A new color scheme:
https://gist.github.com/erdg/8d5ad1649975153c963ba7b0a1210fe5

And a few normal mode commands for manipulating code comments:
https://gist.github.com/erdg/24e53ad4fcc71d08c88a432c2bcc6544

Mostly just a fun way for me to learn more about how the editor / editing
works.

Is there a recommended way to add new keybindings like this? Right now I'm
editing the definition of 'vi' itself. Any plans for 'VipScript'? :P

Suppose I want to add another command 'gc%' which toggles comments on a
multi-line sexpr, basically combining 'gci' and 'gcu' with an "automatic
line count". Something like:

   - move to first non-blank character of line
   - if '('
      - "press" '%'
      - compare line numbers
      - insert '#'s ...
    - elseif '#'
      remove '#'s ...

How to access the character under the cursor within the '(case (getch)
..)' loop? Or get the current line number? I think it should be something
like:

   (get (: buffer text) ... (: posY) (: posX) ...)  # similar pattern in
other fns

but it's not clicking yet.

Best,
Erik