On 7/28/07, Ali Afshar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On 27/07/07, David Keijser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > Hello, Im somewhat new to PIDA and the latest days i have been doing
> > some work now and then on a little plugin to perform unit tests using
> > the untitest module in python. it's still in what I would consider
> > beta stage but it's already quite usefull ( if you find unit testing
> > usefull at all that is ;)
> > it's available from the pida webpage as 'Unit Tester', when I write
> > this only a old version is there, but the new one (v 0.1.1) is
> > hopefully approved soon.
> >
> > You can add several python modules which the plugin will scan for
> > subclasses of TestCase and present the result of the tests in a tree.
> > By selecting an failed test in the tree you can view the backtrace.
> >
> > All suggestions and feedback are welcome.
>
> Hi David,
>
> I have had a chance to use your plugin. It seems that you have created
> actions to show and hide the view, but you have not created a UI
> definition to enable any menu or toolbar entries. The main UI
> definition (which is loaded automatically) should be called the same
> name as your plugin and should be in the uidef/ directory of the
> plugin. You can see examples in almost all of the other
> services/plugins.
>
> Another point, which was raised is that you are running the tests
> inside pida's python interpreter. While this might be fine in general,
> it may pose a serious problem inside pida if it blocks (since gtk main
> loop will not be able to run). In general we spawn new Python
> interpreters for this kind of thing.
>
> I will continue to add feedback as I use the plugin more.
>
> Ali
>
> Ali

After being away from the computer for a while, I've started to look
into the plugin again.
I think i have the menu sorted out now, i basically made a copy from
another service :P

I can however not find a way to run tests in another python
interpreter, the closest thing i can come up with is using exec with
globals and locals. but I don't know if that really is so much better
than now.