On 5 Nov., 01:25, "Ali Afshar" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I just switched back to XFCE4 after wondering why no shortcuts were
> working for a few days.

I do experience the same problem -- without metacity, but with FVWM.

More exactly, all keyboard strokes go through to vim /only when/ I've
mouse-clicked into the editor area. Without clicking I can switch
between editor (including insert-mode), file browser, etc. quite well.

When the focus is caught by vim a click somewhere on the PIDA-window
(outside the editor area) fixes the behaviour.

So obviously it is not (only) a metacity-problem.

- Benito