After a lot of back and forth and information sharing, its clear in my
mind that branches are not required for contrib projects.

My vote remains -1

-----Original Message-----
From: Milind A Bhandarkar []
Sent: Monday, August 17, 2009 5:32 PM
Subject: Re: Proposal to create a branch for contrib project Zebra

IANAC, but my (non-binding) vote is also -1. I think all the
and feature addition to zebra should be available through pig trunk. The
codebase is not big enough to justify creating a branch. If the reason
Pig's dependence on a checked in hadoop jar, the shims proposal by
should be taken up asap, so that those who want to use zebra can use pig
trunk with hadoop 0.20

- milind

On 8/17/09 5:14 PM, "Yiping Han" <> wrote:

> +1
> On 8/18/09 7:11 AM, "Olga Natkovich" <> wrote:
>> +1

Milind Bhandarkar
Y!IM: GridSolutions
Tel: 408-349-2136