Hi Henti, welcome to the team!! On 06/03/17 10:23, Henti Smith wrote:
> I'm busy adding the Build-Depends in debian/control as required, and one > of the deps is imported as : > > "github.com/cheggaaa/pb <http://github.com/cheggaaa/pb>" > > but is a package in debian as : > > "golang-gopkg-cheggaaa-pb.v1-dev" > > When I try to build minio, it obviously cannot find the correct path. > and fails. Further investigation showed there is no other package that > depends on golang-gopkg-cheggaaa-pb.v1-dev, so I could not see the best > way to handle this. Careful, actually a few packages build-depend on it. This is very common of golang libraries: dependencies are only at build time, not at run time, because of the static linking. $ grep-dctrl -s Package -F Build-Depends,Build-Depends-Indep golang-gopkg-cheggaaa-pb.v1-dev /var/lib/apt/lists/*Sources Package: acmetool Package: etcd Package: etcd Package: snapd Package: acmetool Package: snapd > I considered patching the code to point to the correct location in > /usr/share/gocode/src, but not sure if that is the correct way to do this. > > What is the recommended way to fix this ? Actually, the upstream author indicates to use gopkg.in as the canonical import path, so I think the easiest and most correct way forward is to patch your package to use that. I have done similar things in the past, it is not difficult and will solve your issue. -- Martín Ferrari (Tincho) _______________________________________________ Pkg-go-maintainers mailing list [email protected] http://lists.alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/pkg-go-maintainers
