On Thu, 05 Feb 09 14:10, Adeodato Simó wrote: > * Modestas Vainius [Thu, 05 Feb 2009 12:27:56 +0200]: > > > > The second group of users managed to migrate from .kde to .kde4. They > > > should be able to migrate back as well. > > Probably they will if we let all of them know that they should do that. > > For this group, maybe a small patch in kdelibs that raises a one-time > pop-up if ~/.kde4 exists would be enough.
The question is where to integrate this? I don't really see it. I'm in favour to do this right now: Use ~/.kde as default KDEHOME and patch startkde (or whatever kind of autostart) to show a message that it would be good to have a backup of ~/.kde if people are having important stuff in there. If they want, they can terminate the startup, do the backup, and restart KDE. Maybe a slightly similar message, if ~/.kde4 exists. Non-KDE users are alone in the wild now, but yeah, what should we do. At least right now I do not see a better solution which notifies everybody. Greetings, Armin -- http://lists.alioth.debian.org/mailman/listinfo/pkg-kde-talk
