Michael Meskes <[email protected]> writes: > On Thu, Jun 04, 2009 at 05:42:18PM +0200, Fathi Boudra wrote: > >> note: IRC is BAD and not an option ;) > > Absolutely agreed.
I have to agree here, too. This is due to the fact that I am living in a different time zone than probably most other members. Around the time when I have time to work on my package (like right now) there is nobody there. I would like a communication channel where I can let every interested potential sponsor know that there is a package that needs sponsoring. And I think a mailing list works perfectly for that. I see a couple of different possibilities there: 1. use -talk with a special tag in the subject (like [RFS]) 2. use debian-mentors, this has the disadvantage that it is more difficult for potential sponsors to recognize packages from the team if they are predominantly interested in sponsoring team packages 3. set up a special list Which option do the sponsors here prefere? How much list traffic would sponsoring generate anyway? I don't know whether mentors.d.n has a API with which it might be possible to create a list of team packages that are waiting there. This could be a useful tool as well. Matthias -- http://lists.alioth.debian.org/mailman/listinfo/pkg-kde-talk
