Salut! Since, I think, this is the first time I write to this list, I suppose a introduction is kind of appropriate :) My name is Harald Sitter and I am a Kubuntu dev from Austria [1] and I am working on everything but really nothing.
Anyway... I was wondering what you people think about getting akondiconsole out of the kdepim-runtime (4.3) package. Currently kdepim-runtime is a single package (+ -dbg), yet akonadiconsole is a development tool (it even tells so upon startup), so it is probably not desirable to have it installed as part of the main KDE(Pim) stack. The options to get it out of there: 1) In Kubuntu the package is split into -runtime, -runtime-data and -runtime-dev, so eventually Debian should adopt that and move akondiconsole to the -dev package 2) Split akonadiconsole into its own package 3) Split only the akonadiconsole binary in its own package and patch the desktop file to use TryExec I personally prefer option 2 since -dev should only contain binaries that are actually needed for building software (e.g. what can be found in kdelibs5-dev). Option 3 would only make sense if the app had loads of arch independent data (IMHO), which is not the case. Opinions? [1] https://launchpad.net/~apachelogger regards, Harald -- http://lists.alioth.debian.org/mailman/listinfo/pkg-kde-talk
