Hello, On pirmadienis 12 Liepa 2010 12:09:38 Sune Vuorela wrote: > git clone... > tar --magic-option-that-are-hard-to-remember xf foo.tar.gz > build...
it's --strip=1. shell aliases help. > > Somehow, I think I woudl prefer if it was just the content of twhe debian > dir that was versioned, not the directory. > > tar xf foo.tar.gz > git clone .... debian I don't think it is a good idea unless you intend to keep `git clone`ing each new upstream release. In your scenario, removing old upstream source tree but keeping "debian" in the persistent cloned packaging directory will need some effort (more than remembering --strip=1 to tar). On the contrary, when debian dir itself is versioned, you can use `git clean -xdff` to clean up old upstream source tree without too much effort because parent packaging directory is under git control. I see where is your idea coming from. However, git is not svn and I don't think `cp -a debian /path/to/upstream/source` is a particularly good idea mainly because git encourages "commit frequently, push rarely" and subversion gives you no other choice but to push when committing. Desyncing working tree with git state will be confusing in the long term. That's why git won't even allow to push to checked out repository by default. -- Modestas Vainius <[email protected]>
signature.asc
Description: This is a digitally signed message part.
-- http://lists.alioth.debian.org/mailman/listinfo/pkg-kde-talk
