Yes I installed it now here in a Sid based system and it's like you said.
But testing has still VLC 1.0.6 so maybe it's different.

That site I said doesn't work. I opened the browser from the terminal and
saved the messages (the error says basically that it can't connect to a
certain address).

Before uninstalling gecko-mediaplayer and installing mozilla-plugin-mplayer
I just made sure that that site worked and it did. What I can do if you
think it's useful is to boot to another system that has gecko-mediaplayer
and also save the messages I get from it.

Do you want me to open another bug report or may I just send you the files
by email?


On Mon, Jul 5, 2010 at 7:28 PM, Christophe Mutricy <> wrote:

> Le Mon 05 Jul 10 à 18:58 -0300, Sergio Cipolla a écrit :
> > Well, actually I installed vlc (and mozilla-plugin-vlc) in a minimal
> > Debian system and in Iceweasel add-on window the plugins were named as
> > the old mozilla-mplayer plugin, version 3.5.5. These plugins don't work.
> The VLC plugin can't be named as the mozilla-mplayer plugin.
> Here about:plugins shows:
> VLC Multimedia Plug-in
>    Nom de fichier :
>    Version 1.1.0 The Luggage, copyright 1996-2007 The VideoLAN Team
> and then a long list of mime-type.
> > Try for instance to watch with the plugin
> > provided by VLC. By the way it never worked neither in Windows for me.
> The one on the front page doesn't work (some playlist problem) but
> works without trouble
> --
> Xtophe
pkg-multimedia-maintainers mailing list

Reply via email to