On 2007-02-27 16:25-0800 Alan W. Irwin wrote:

> ToDo:
>
> (2) Set up ctest so that the ada example will be executed as a result of the
> ctest command. This refinement is not essential for testing so long as you
> remember to set the EXAMPLES_DIR, SRC_EXAMPLES_DIR, and PLPLOT_LIB
> environment variables to the proper locations for everything.

Done.

> (3) Fill in the rest of the standard examples implemented in Ada.

I added the standard example 10 just to see if I was now an expert Ada
programmer. The answer is probably not... :-)

N.B. I have renamed the previous ada_plplot.adb to x01a.adb (the main
routine that withs in x01.ad?), and the new standard example is contained in
the files x10a.adb, x10.adb, and x10.ads.

Jerry, to do build-tree tests of the Ada interface (after "make" is
executed) for the two examples in CVS now all you have to do is type

ctest --tests-regex ada

The resulting test/x01a.ps was identical to test/x01c.ps (generated with a
prior run) verifying at least the "thick" Ada interface API exercised in
this test is fine.  However, x10c.ps was not identical to x10c.ps.  In the
Ada result the plot boxes are made with tick marks that should not be there
according to the xopt and yopt command strings "bc".

Jerry, could you please look at the new example 10?  I wrote it almost
entirely in the thin interface.  I notice that the C version of plbox is
called by Box_Around_Viewport in the thick interface in a different way then
the thin interface plbox Ada routine calls the C version so there may be a
systematic thin API problem that is revealed by this example.

Also, I think it is important to emphasize the parallel nature of the
standard examples for every language so I strongly prefer that we provide
thin interface (e.g., plbox rather than Box_Around_Viewport) standard
examples.  That, of course, does not preclude additional examples written in
the thick interface with the more descriptive names for the API.

Also, could you provide plparseopts in the thin interface?  Virtually every
language interface has plparseopts defined (normally with just one argument).
That would have allowed me to write x10.adb completely in the thin interface.

package (plplot.org); the Yorick front-end to PLplot (yplot.sf.net); the
Loads of Linux Links project (loll.sf.net); and the Linux Brochure Project