On 2007-02-28 19:34-0700 Jerry wrote:

> So--I recommend just renaming all the example files to x??a.adb and
> letting them run as standalones, and eliminating the x??.adb and
> x??.ads naming level completely. That was my intention originally but
> I see that I forgot to adopt that naming convention. I can take care
> of this.

Hi Jerry:

I have just tried this, but it does not work for me.  gnatmake compiles
x01.adb without problems, but it did not bind or link it. (I tried this
experiment for the original source code you sent me before the
reorganization that occurred in the CVS version just to be sure the problem
was not an artifact of that reorganization)

[EMAIL PROTECTED]> gnatmake x01.adb
gcc-3.3 -c x01.adb
gcc-3.3 -c plplot.adb
gcc-3.3 -c plplotthin.adb

If I attempt to force it with the
-b option, gnatmake generates the following error message:

[EMAIL PROTECTED]> gnatmake -b x01.adb
gnatbind -x x01.ali
error: "x01.ali" does not contain a unit that can be a main program
gnatmake: *** bind failed.

You should be able to easily verify this problem for yourself.
If there is some simple change that can be made to x01.adb so that it is
suitable for a main program please send it to me. I too would prefer to
eliminate the separate driver programme for each example if that is
possible. Two files per example is preferred to three files per example.

package (plplot.org); the Yorick front-end to PLplot (yplot.sf.net); the
Loads of Linux Links project (loll.sf.net); and the Linux Brochure Project