On 2007-03-01 09:40-0800 Alan W. Irwin wrote:

> On 2007-02-28 19:34-0700 Jerry wrote:
>
>> So--I recommend just renaming all the example files to x??a.adb and
>> letting them run as standalones, and eliminating the x??.adb and
>> x??.ads naming level completely. That was my intention originally but
>> I see that I forgot to adopt that naming convention. I can take care
>> of this.
>
> Hi Jerry:
>
> I have just tried this, but it does not work for me.  gnatmake compiles
> x01.adb without problems, but it did not bind or link it.
> [...]Two files per example is preferred to three files per example.

Hi Jerry:

Never mind, I figured it out.  (I had to remove the package body statements
from the standalone versions). A side benefit is a spec file is not needed.
Thus, we are now reduced to one standalone source file (x??a.adb) per
example.  I just committed all my changes to CVS.

ctest --tests-regex ada

works without run-time errors and creates postscript results (x01a.ps and
x10a.ps) in the test subdirectory. x01a.ps is identical to x01c.ps (the
equivalent C result) and similarly for x10a.ps and x10c.ps.
However, that was because I replaced
-    plbox("bc", 0.0, 0, "bc", 0.0, 0);
+    Box_Around_Viewport(TUB("bc"), 0.0, 0, TUB("bc"), 0.0, 0);

If I use plbox rather than Box_Around_Viewport, then the result has
extraneous tick marks. I don't understand the cause of this problem.  The
same example has a call to plptex with another character array, and that
works without problems.  I have also carefully compared how plptex and plbox
are set up in plplotthin.ads, and I cannot spot anything. I also tried the
TUB("bc") in the argument list for plbox, but the compiler complained about
something being inconsistent before erroring out so I dropped it.

This marks the end of the initial intense phase of my getting Ada supported
under CMake for PLplot.  We have made a good start, and the way forward is
clear.

* All developers should check the Ada aspects of the CMake build system on
their platform of choice.  Simply install the gnat extension to gcc (the
gnat-4.0 package does this on Ubuntu Dapper), use the -DENABLE_ada and
-DBUILD_TEST=ON cmake options, and run "ctest --tests-regex ada" after the
make command.

* Jerry needs to sort out the existing issues (plparseopts and plbox) with
the thin API before we move forward with filling in the rest of the standard
examples in the thin API (which may well turn up other API issues).

package (plplot.org); the Yorick front-end to PLplot (yplot.sf.net); the
Loads of Linux Links project (loll.sf.net); and the Linux Brochure Project