On 2007-03-05 23:03+0100 Werner Smekal wrote:

> Hi Alan,
>
> I just "found" an easy fix for the object file ending problem. In
> CMakeAdaCompiler.cmake.in change the last lines to:
>
> IF(UNIX OR MINGW)
>   SET(CMAKE_Ada_OUTPUT_EXTENSION .o)
> ELSE(UNIX OR MINGW)
>   SET(CMAKE_Ada_OUTPUT_EXTENSION .obj)
> ENDIF(UNIX OR MINGW)

> If you think this workaround is ok, I will submit these changes.

Good catch, Werner. Please go ahead immediately with that commit.

That leaves just the executable suffix issue.  I think the thing to do there
is to play with SET_TARGET_PROPERTIES (in ada/examples/CMakeLists.txt) until
you get something that works.  For example, it appears you have control of
the output name and/or the SUFFIX. If you can get a build of x01 that way,
then to actually get it to execute on MinGW and Cygwin I understand (from
informed opinion on the CMake list, :-) ) that you will have to copy x01 to
x01.exe.  I think the easiest way to do that is with a cmake -e copy command
in ada/examples/CMakeLists.txt using the add_custom_command signature that
modifies a target result.

Anyhow, please play with this executable suffix issue and commit it if you
can get something to work on MinGW.  I will clean up afterward if necessary.

package (plplot.org); the Yorick front-end to PLplot (yplot.sf.net); the
Loads of Linux Links project (loll.sf.net); and the Linux Brochure Project