On Wed, Feb 06, 2008 at 02:36:04PM -0800, Alan Irwin wrote:

> A redundant and poorly implemented test was being done for the java examples
> for whether the plplot_core target had been built.  Removal of that test
> appeared to solve the last of the parallel build issues.

Excellent news.

> To summarize the current release status, we can now strike the parallel
> build issue from the list (subject to parallel-build testing results from
> others). That leaves the psttf/libLASI segfaults, the python
> single-precision issue, and the recently introduced wxwidgets issue.
>
> I plan to spend my remaining PLplot time before the release this weekend
> helping Andrew with the psttf/libLASi segfault issue.  There are no
> guarantees we will get done before the release, but we can live with that. I
> am going to let the python single-precision issue slide until after the
> release since I feel the psttf issue should have higher priority. Based on
> past experience, I am sure Werner will quickly sort out the wxwidgets issue.

I am confident the segfault issue is a problem with LASi. I know the
cause. I have committed a temporary workaround to the lasi svn repo
which should stop the segfault. It will just ignore the troublesome
glyphs. Alan, could you check this works for you. No plplot changes
should be necessary.

Andrew