On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 9:51 PM, Hazen Babcock <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Agreed, but the segfault occurs because I did not think to check the
> return value of the function pango_cairo_create_layout(). It should
> return a pointer to a PangoLayout, but when it fails, as it does in
> our test case, it returns NULL. The program crashes when this null
> pointer is passed to the next function which expects a valid
> PangoLayout pointer. I can add a test for this and the program will
> no longer segfault, but this does not solve the problem of why
> pango_cairo_create_layout() is failing in the first place.

Is there a work-around for this problem?  I would like to use the
Cairo output drivers to generate a series of plots, but this problem
is preventing me from doing so.

I see that the example plots on the web site are made with using
family files.  I would like to be able to use arbitrary file names for
each plot in this sequence, not just "foo-1.png" then "foo-2.png" etc.
 Is there a way to do this without using plend between plots?

Thank you for your time,
Hez

--
Hezekiah M. Carty