Hi Arjen,

Arjen Markus wrote:
> I have installed this new version of MinGW plus GCC, for some reason I
> had to restart the download
> a couple of times and I still have not succeeded in obtaining the make
> utility. But I also noticed that there
> does not seem to be a shell (at least not one I can get at via an icon
> or an entry in the Start menu). Is there
> a shell like bash or should I use a DOS window with an appropriate path?
>
> Regards,
>
> Arjen

No, MinGW (official and unofficial) doesn't provide a bash like shell or
something similar. I assume, that if you install (official) MSYS you
will be asked, where the MinGW directory is, and that you can use MSYS
also with the unofficial MinGW package. Otherwise just open the Windows
CLI and set the paths correctly. I wrote some lines about that in the wiki:

http://www.miscdebris.net/plplot_wiki/index.php?title=Setup_mingw

section Setup. If this doesn't work, or is unclear, let me know, since I
want people to easily be able to follow the instructions.

Thanks for investing your time.
Werner

--
Dr. Werner Smekal