1. I myself don't need full UTF-8.  I just need to make some quick-and-dirty
substitutions for quote marks, apostrophes and long dashes.  So if someone
can tell me where the input text is available so I can call
string.replace(), I would be most grateful.

2. As for the correct order of records, I suppose the order fetched is as
natural as any, with broken up files having all their segments together.

3. However, there is one more thing I would like, unless it's already there.
(I can't see it in the GUI, and that's all I use).  iSiloX lets you have not
just an exclusion list but an inclusion list of URLs to be fetched.  This is
really quite handy--it let me do things I couldn't figure out how to do with
Plucker (in fact, I must confess that the only reason I use Plucker right
now is that it has much better search facilities (with my patches)).  I
would suggest that if one has an inclusion list, then the items on the
inclusion list get put in first, and get put in in the order they are in the
inclusion list.  This would mean that if one wants to control the order of
all the files, one can can just make an inclusion list of them all, order it
as one wishes, and then just set the spidering depth to 2 (to resolve
hyperlinks between the items in the list).  (One can even have an option, I
suppose, to include only the items on the inclusion list.)

Alex