The use is only limited to surfing (firefox is there) and chatting on the
web (GAIM suits it), thats what most of the people do in a cyber cafe right
??

On 4/12/07, Nishit Dave <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 4/12/07, Prashant Mahajan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> hi guys,
>
> i was wondering which linux distro might be suited for use in a Cafe?
> Someone told me Ubuntu cant be used as its not free to use for
commercial
> purpose. How abt Vector Linux, does it also have any clause like this?

Please just take a look at the licensing information on an Ubuntu CD
wrapper
or on the Ubuntu website, and all doubts might be cleared.

Your choice will entirely depend on what ultimate use you want to put the
OS
to, however, Ubuntu is very well packaged and may suit your requirements
satisfactorily.

If you don't like Ubuntu after trying it, you need not worry.  If you have
partitioned your system/s properly (e.g. keeping the /home directory on a
separate partition), you can switch distros easily without worrying about
loss of critical data or documents.
Send 'help' to [EMAIL PROTECTED] for mailing instructions.

--
With Regards,

Prashant