Yea, I keep on forgetting that for a lot of things out here you need a
permit. The
one thing I miss about FL. I replaced all of the wiring in one house had a
good
electrician friend come over took a look at it said it was ABOVE spec and
gave
it his blessing. I understand when it is a commercial job or something like
a res-
idential rewire ( I was getting my place ready to add solar panels and
separate
the low power consumption parts from the high power consumers) but even
then to demand a permit for everything is just way beyond what I see as
good.

Bureaucracy run wild.

On Wed, Apr 5, 2017 at 7:30 PM, John Jason Jordan <joh...@gmx.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 5 Apr 2017 16:06:21 -0700
> Chuck Hast <wch...@gmail.com> dijo:
>
> >I guess one thing about the parallel wiring system usually you use a
> >make after break double throw switch so you cannot put power on the
> >mains.
> >
> >The switch is designed such that it cannot make both contacts at the
> >same time. I wonder why you did not go that route?
>
> I considered the idea of a double throw switch, but rejected it because
> it would require a permit, and I doubt I could talk my way out of it.
> Moreover, it would require working with really fat wires, which I hate.
> I would probably end up hiring an electrician, and those people are not
> cheap.

Chuck Hast  -- KP4DJT --
Glass, five thousand years of history and getting better.
The only container material that the USDA gives blanket approval on.