On Wed, 11 Apr 2018, Dick Steffens wrote:

For the last few days I've had occasional beeps from one of my battery backup units. Because they are under the table and next to one another, I have yet to determine which one it is. There have been no obvious light flicker situations and we haven't lost power. Could this beep be an indication that I might need a new battery?

In my experience, that's exactly what it means. The folks at Batteries Plus will test your batteries if you haul them to one of their outlets.

--
Paul Heinlein
heinl...@madboa.com