On Thu, Apr 12, 2018 at 11:46 AM, Dick Steffens <d...@dicksteffens.com>
wrote:

> On 04/12/2018 11:40 AM, Ben Koenig wrote:
>
>> At this point you should write down the model number and google it. Find
>> the manufacturer's website and grab the manual for your particular model.
>> Since the manufacturer decides what the beeps indicate,
>>

> As I said before, it's just the alarm beep. It's not a beep code, like
> from a motherboard. It's just a continuous beeeeeep until it stops, which
> is within a second or so. There's no series of beeps.

The manual for your specific model is the ultimate authority, but I did
find this for APC BE450G/550G models that mentions adjusting sensitivity
without having to run their PowerChute software (windows only). I wasn't
aware of it so I'm sharing with others who many not have read all their
friendly manuals.

Voltage Sensitivity Adjustment (optional) The Back-UPS detects and reacts
to line voltage distortions by transferring to battery backup power to
protect connected equipment. In situations where either the Back-UPS or the
connected equipment is too sensitive for the input voltage level it is
necessary to adjust the transfer voltage.
1. Connect the Back-UPS to a wall outlet. The Back-UPS will be in Standby
mode, no indicators will be illuminated.
2. Press and hold the ON/OFF button for 10 seconds. The OnLine LED will
illuminate alternately green-amber-red, to indicate that the Back-UPS is in
Program mode.
3. The Power On/Replace Battery LED will flash either green, amber, or red
to indicate the current sensitivity level. Refer to the table for an
explanation of the transfer voltage sensitivity levels.
4. To select LOW sensitivity, press and hold the ON/OFF button until the
LED flashes green.
5. To select MEDIUM sensitivity, press and hold the ON/OFF button until the
LED flashes red.
6. To select HIGH sensitivity, press and hold the ON/OFF button until the
LED flashes amber.
7. To exit Program mode wait five seconds and all LED indicators will
extinguish. Program mode is no longer active.

Also, startup current for a motor can cause quite a dip in line voltage.
Anything longer than 1 cycle should be picked up by the UPS but you might
not notice the flicker. Do you have a fridge and/or freezer?

NealS