On 06/29/2020 08:40 AM, David Bridges wrote:
Not a derivative suggestion but maybe this will help.

When you start the installer if you choose the Expert installation (I
believe under advanced section) or if you press the Escape key and type
expert at the boot prompt you can get a very minimal system installed
although there will be a few more questions that you have to answer
along the way.

The trick is when you get to the package selection screen to uncheck
everything except for Standard System which will give you only a basic
system with no gui.

A very fine workaround. Been doing that for years for different problems <GRIN>

My current problem is the official Debian installer is effectively broken. It forces you to accept packages which the repository tags as "recommended". The problem is those packages prevent *ME* from using *MY* system for *MY* intended purposes and workflow <*GRUMBLE*>

So I'm looking for what *I* consider a *WORKING* installer ;/