On Wed, 3 Feb 2021 12:48:48 -0800
Larry Brigman <larry.brig...@gmail.com> dijo:

>You can use mdadm to examine the superblock on each drive and it will
>give you the details of the array that the drive thinks it is in.
>Without a mdadm.conf, the kernel will attempt to assemble the array
>based on what it finds in the drive superblocks and will default to
>md127 and count up from there.

Ah, now I know where the '127' came from.

As for mdadm.conf, when I started I noticed that I had such a file, and
I left it alone. But when I got massive errors in my attempts to create
the array, in hopes of making things work better, I appended '.old' to
the file. I still had errors, but after trying over and over I finally
succeeded in creating /dev/md0 without errors. After I finished I
deleted the renamed mdadm.conf file, and then used:
sudo mdadm --detail --scan | sudo tee -a /etc/mdadm/mdadm.conf
to recreate the mdadm.conf file.

>/proc/mdadm will give you the status of the assembled arrays directly
>without the need to go through the mdadm util.

/proc/mdadm
bash: /proc/mdadm: No such file or directory