fraho wrote:
> O.k, didn't know that. I recorded the network traffic with Wireshark and
> so far I can't see any traffic at all between LMS and Squeezeplayer
> while connected via Airfoil. Maybe the result of the missing NTP and
> matching steps(?)
The way the plugin work is a bit complicated (I did not build and this
is not a criticism toward the authors) and it took me a bit to
understand how it works. Basically the Perl part takes care of the
airtunes protocol to establish and control the session, to
oversimplified it is managing the RTSP part. Then, once the session is
up, the binary helper is fired up and it's in charge of receiving the
RTP (UDP-based) stream from the client and makes it
available/understandable for LMS in HTTP trough a classical webserver.
The protocol details are here https://git.zx2c4.com/Airtunes2/about/ and
here https://nto.github.io/AirPlay.html. In your case what fails is that
everything works fine up to starting the binary helper and then the RTP
flow never seem to start. So you should be able to capture traffic
between your LMS machine and Airfoil (assuming they are not both local)
and then the beginning of the failed RTP session. It's a bit strange you
don't see a bit of traffic between LMS and the SB, at list the GET for
the UDP-transformed-to-HTTP stream. But again it depends on your network
topology

> Btw, I just discovered your Airplay Bridge: Awesome!!! I now have my
> Bose,Yamaha and Squeeze-Speakers working absolutely in sync :-)))
Glad you like it - this one took me a while to build and this is where I
learnt the details of airtunes protocol :)

LMS 7.7.5 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos 2xPLAY:1,
PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBMC, Foobar2000, XBoxOne,
JRiver 21, Chromecast Audio, Chromecast v1, Pi B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+,
Odroid-C1, Cubie2