slartibartfast wrote:
> (1) Time sync would be a problem when pausing and rewinding but if track
> info was only available during live playback that would be enough.
> (2) Most of the time only track info needs to be shown. Program
> description info could be shown during news breaks or other times when
> music is not playing.
> (3) I was quite happy with the on air text until I selected the program
> image instead of the station logo. I would not be surprised if most
> people are using the station logo.
> (4) The scrolling is on the squeezebox players not the BBC app.

Program and track info come from separate feeds - there is no indication
of news breaks or other items being broadcast in the track feed so it is
either track data or program data . Also track feeds often is not
updated in late evening and night so for example in late evening you'll
get track info from earlier in the evening (unless BBC has changed
things since last I looked).

The main issue is limited display space means a choice between program
info vs track info with the caveat that track info will be wrong some of
the time and if that is the case is it worthwhile.