ian_heys wrote:
> I've tried to follow your instructions but I can't get Local Player to
> "see" the binaries.
>
> This is a view of the binaries folder.
>
> 22752
>
> I think the naming convention is correct and I've relaxed the
> permissions to be the same as the windows binaries. I've also restarted
> LMS several times but to no avail.
>
> Am I doing something wrong?
>
> Why are the new binaries so much bigger than the old ones? Maybe I'm not
> untarring them properly as I haven't used this type of file recently.

My binaries are larger because they include all the decoder libraries in
the binary. Triode's relies on the system decoder libraries.
See this message in the plugin settings when you disable Start with
server.  *To maximise Squeezelite capabilty you should ensure the
following libraries are installed from your linux distribution: libmad0,
libflac8, libvorbisfile3 or libvorbisidec1, libfaad2.*

The LocalPlayer plugin on arm only looks for these three squeezelite
binary names; squeezelite-armv5te  squeezelite-armv6hf squeezelite-armv6
so you'll need to replace one of them with my binary.  I suggest
replacing squeezelite-armv5te with my non static version first.  No need
to backup the original binary, you can always reinstall the Local Player
plugin to get the original(s) back.

Ralphy

*1*-Touch, *5*-Classics, *3*-Booms, *1*-UE Radio
'Squeezebox client builds'
(https://sourceforge.net/projects/lmsclients/files/) 'donations'
(https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=LL5P6365KQEXN&lc=CA&item_name=Squeezebox%20client%20builds&currency_code=USD&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF%3abtn_donate_SM%2egif%3aNonHosted)
always appreciated.