I am a frequent listener to Spotify by using my RPI-3 Max2play and LMS.
The soundquality with Hifiberry digi+ is astonishing. Unfortunately I
still have problems finding a stable solution for Spotify playback. I
tried different options:
- Spotty only has the drawback you can't make adaptions to the playlist
(something I do frequently).
- Spotify connect on Max2play opens with volume on maximum level and the
automatic startup is failing frequently

Recently I tried the spotify connect option with Spotty in LMS that
seems to be the best of both worlds. No volume problems and I can access
my playlists. I am aware this is just an 'experimental' version. For
that reason I want to share some findings of this experiment:
- I use my android phone to control the music and volume. Unfortunately
I can't control the volume by the Spotify app. I have another app
(Squeezer) where I can alter the volume, but this is rather
inconvenient
- If I startup a playlist by Spotify the first 2-3 songs are played
partly: after 5-10 seconds the next song is played. After a while this
is stable but this habbit is rather annoying
- If I select a song in the playlist by using squeezer only this song is
played and repeated.

Apparently the Spotify app and squeezer are interfering. I should not
need squeezer if the volume could be controlled by Spotify. Could this
feature be resolved or do you have a workaround?