DomieMic65 wrote:
> Thank you very much for your input!!
> I thought that it has 512mb ... not that this is sufficient!!
>
> The elimination of the extra device as you say is very important in my
> opinion too.
> So I guess the best option is to remain with the current setup until I
> can get a more efficient NAS.
>
> Would this be an option? :
> https://www.hardkernel.com/shop/odroid-hc2-home-cloud-two/
> Can LMS be installed in this?
>

> As it seems LMS is quite of a load for a mashine. In DS115j I have
> installed and used for quite some time Minimserver which didn’t seem to
> stress the nas so much. It was responding satisfactorily and I didn’t
> have problem steaming even 384KHz or DSD files to my rpi. Also the
> library scan (or rescans) was/are made in very decent times. I do not
> want to make a debate Minimserver vs LMS here .. just mentioning my
> experience!I started using LMS on a 110j, 128 mb, which did the job more or
> less.
Key thing is that you don't want other services running in the
background. If LMS is your main app on the 115j, I don't see why this
would not work. Just try it, it's free ;-).

-RPI 2 ('myMPD' (https://github.com/jcorporation/mympd)/'Squeezelite'
(https://sourceforge.net/projects/lmsclients/files/)),HifiBerry Digi+
Pro,  Aune S6 - Exposure 3010S2 - PMC FB1i-s
-'LmsUpdate '
(https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?108960-Synology-7-9-2-packages)-
Updated and Cleaned up Logitech Media Server 7.9.2 for Synology.