I bought a Surface Go, so now I can start discovering and working on
issues related to running on a Surface with its touch interface as well
as issues related to Windows S Mode.  Although SLX passes Windows S Mode
code integrity tests I can run, and it passes Microsoft Store
validation, and you can install it from the Store onto a device running
Windows in S Mode, it does not run perfectly on a surface in S mode.

First, the squeezelite player fails to run, and keeps trying and trying
indefinitely.  I also notice that calls to the audio library (portaudio)
fail, which may explain why squeezelite does not run, since it relies on
portaudio.  I have no idea if I'll be able to make this work in S Mode,
so until I do I will probably need to detect the condition and disable
squeezelite if appropriate, limited SLX to controller only mode in that
case.

I hope to be able to address any issues with the touch interface as
well.

R Greg Dawson

Squeezelite-X