The next Store release will include a 64-bit version.

The next release will also allow you to specify whether you want SLX to
auto-start on login from within the app.  This involves changing the
Store App manifest to auto-start an assistant app (rather than SLX
itself) and that app will check the setting and then start SLX if that
option is set.  So no more having to go into Task Manager Startup Pane
to enable/disable this.  One question I had was how the MS Store
installer would handle an change to the auto-start task.  Would it
remove the previous one and add the new one?  If the old one was
disabled would it stay disabled on an update?  I have tested it locally,
but I want to run it through the actual store before publishing it, so I
am using a "flighted package" (described in earlier post), to make sure
all works as planned.  The flighted package already published a few
minutes ago, so I'll be able to confirm it all works right tonight when
I get home before publishing for the public.

It should work like this:  When you get the next update, the old startup
task will be removed and a new startup task will be created and it will
be enabled.  By default, the auto-start feature will be turned off in
the app.  What the startup task will do is check to see if you have
enabled the new Squeezelite-X settings and if you have enabled
Auto-Start it will start Squeezelite-X, if not it will do nothing.  If
previously you had Squeezelite-X automatically starting on login, you
will have to re-enable this in SLX settings.  If you do go in to task
manager and disable the AutoStarter task, then SLX will not auto-start
even if you enable it in the SLX settings, so leave the auto starter
task enabled in Task manager and manage the option in SLX.  This will
all apply to the next version and I'll post when I have submitted it to
the store, which I expect to do this weekend.

None of this applies to the legacy installer.  I also do not plan on
distributing a 64-bit version of the legacy installer, at least for a
while, because I have to add code to it to handle installing 64-bit over
32-bit uninstalling the old 32-bit if it is there, and handling all
that, so that will be for later, if ever.

R Greg Dawson

Squeezelite-X