> "Streaming" is a great feature, but it doesn't seem to support my Echo
> Sub when paired with an Echo speaker. Actually, it seems that very few
> skills do support the Echo Sub, and I don't know whether this is a ploy
> by Amazon to steer people towards those skills that do (Amazon Music,
> Spotify) or whether it's just technically challenging. Any thoughts?

It's simply undocumented how to get the AudioPlayer interface to play on
a group of Echos - see
https://developer.amazon.com/en-US/docs/alexa/custom-skills/audioplayer-interface-reference.html
and search the page for 'group'. Whether it's a deliberate ploy or just
Amazon being clueless is anybody's guess. The big services live Amazon
Music and Spotify are likely using a different interface not available
to skill developers.