philchillbill wrote:
> It's just a different control paradigm, really. If you have a remote
> with a display in your hand then the ability to browse is, of course,
> fantastic and voice will never outdo that. Where voice comes into its
> own is when you are under the shower or chopping vegetables, and the
> ability to just ask for e.g. a volume change or to skip a song comes
> into its own. They are definitely complementary paradigms and one is not
> a replacement for the other.

I get that, and I will persist, much to the amusement of my family no
doubt, ...... Going to try LMS-lite to tie in with Harmony which
controls amps and TVs.

LMS 8 on QNAP
Kitchen Raspberry Pi 3B (Pi Core PlayerInto Cambridge DAC Magic  Onkyo
CR-505DAB Celestion Spkrs
Living room Denon AVRX-3400H (UPnP/DLNA bridge) 7.1 surround  various
Eltax
Linn Sondek LP12 -> PureVinyl Recorder on Mac Mini Motu 624 Squeezelite
for playback Naim 42/110 SNAPS Linn Kans
Garden/Garage Pi 2B  PCP HDMI into Onkyo
Bedroom PiZero/Zero Audio Hat, PCP Panasonic Mini system