This is a plugin for ABC Australia https://radio.abc.net.au/stations -
covering stations such as ABC Jazz, Double J, triple j unearthed

Depending on the station, it presents track information (Artist, Title,
Cover Art, Label, Year) or programme information (Title, Synopsis,
Artwork)

As an example - before you install the plugin play "ABC Jazz" or "ABC
Country" or "triple j" on your Squeezebox and you will see some limited,
if any, track info.

Then install this plugin and try again ... and watch the ABC website at
the same time - for example for "ABC Jazz"
https://radio.abc.net.au/stations/jazz/live

The best way to experiment with these stations in LMS is to go to the
Radio section and then choose  World > National Networks > ABC
Australia
They have over 50 (around 2/3 are speech only).

Note: The broadcaster does not always provide track information in a
timely manner - so if you find that sometimes no new details arrive then
check on the ABC site to see if they have the same problem.
They do generally provide the end time or duration for tracks so you
will probably see a progress marker as they play (unless it is a very
long track).
If it is a song inside a show then ... hopefully ... you will see it
switch to the programme info (with progress marker - again unless it is
a very long show) when the DJ is speaking.
Their timings are not always accurate though ... so don't complain if it
seems a few seconds out.
I'm trying to use the same data as their web site uses.

This plugin relies on the time on your local LMS server to be roughly
correct - timezone and time - because the local time is compared with
the scheduled time for each track from the broadcaster.
If things are not working then enable Debug logging for this plugin via
LMS/Settings/Advanced/Logging interface, repeat the problem and then
check the LMS logs.
You might need a version of LMS more recent than 7.9.1 Feb 2018 because
of improvements in LMS to handling HTTPS connections.

During development I was seeing issues with LMS/Jivelite not being able
to present some of the artwork.
This did coincide with nationwide issues with my ISP so that might have
been the cause.
However, I suspect it was to do with the size of some of their image.
They do make some alternative sizes available, so I have currently
hard-coded it to try to use an image no greater than 340x340 (which is
one of their common sizes).
If I cannot find one then I use their default (I have seen as big as
1400 x 1400).

There are still some issues that I am working on - but it seems to
mostly work.

This plugin relies on data from ABC Australia but is not endorsed by
them and it could easily break if they change their formats.

For now, during the first public testing phase, - add this repository to
your local LMS.
http://www.dabdig.co.uk/slimserver-rep/repo-abcaustralia.xml

Michael H - please don't put it in the list of 3rd-party plugins yet
because I will probably change the repo location once it has been
verified as working for a few people.

Paul Webster
http://dabdig.blogspot.com
Author of plugins for Radio France (FIP etc), KCRW and Supla Finland