Pommes wrote:

> as I try to import old trackstat backup xml , the LMS becomes very
> unresponsive.
> LMS is a fresh install, only the trackstat data is migrated.
> Maybe anybody who can help?

Could be the TrackStat refresh option that causes problem, there are two
options in TrackStat for its refresh operations that can be disabled. As
long as you don’t rename any music files or move them to a new path you
are probably fine with the refresh options disabled. Check the
server.log to see what happens, TrackStat will output information in the
log about what’s going on during its refresh operations.

Someone has also mentioned that TrackStat backups taken with old Perl
versions don’t work perfectly with newer Perl version but I don’t think
it will cause what you are describing, it will just result in some data
not being restored. Can’t give you more details since I haven’t used it
with newer Perl version myself.

Pommes wrote:

> And I would also like to know, how to use the built-in LMS rating
> system.

As far as I know the only builtin support for ratings in LMS is that
they are stored in the database and third party apps (smartphone apps or
Material skin) can read and display ratings. To be able to set ratings
or browse by ratings you will need a third party plugin. In LMS 8.x it
means that you will have to either use the unsupported TrackStat plugin
or the new Ratings Light plugin mentioned earlier in the thread. Not
sure if Ratings Light support browsing ratings yet but I know there is
an implementation for this in progress. Not sure which third party apps
beside Material skin that supports setting ratings via Ratings Light at
this stage. If you don’t use TrackStat you probably want to ensure to
regularly take a backup of LMS database since currently TrackStat is the
only plugin that provides nightly backups to xml files.

Developer of 'many plugins/applets'
(https://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/User_Erland.html)