erland wrote:
> Could be the TrackStat refresh option that causes problem, there are two
> options in TrackStat for its refresh operations that can be disabled. As
> long as you don’t rename any music files or move them to a new path you
> are probably fine with the refresh options disabled. Check the
> server.log to see what happens, TrackStat will output information in the
> log about what’s going on during its refresh operations.
>
> Someone has also mentioned that TrackStat backups taken with old Perl
> versions don’t work perfectly with newer Perl version but I don’t think
> it will cause what you are describing, it will just result in some data
> not being restored. Can’t give you more details since I haven’t used it
> with newer Perl version myself.
>

> As far as I know the only builtin support for ratings in LMS is that
> they are stored in the database and third party apps (smartphone apps or
> Material skin) can read and display ratings. To be able to set ratings
> or browse by ratings you will need a third party plugin. In LMS 8.x it
> means that you will have to either use the unsupported TrackStat plugin
> or the new Ratings Light plugin mentioned earlier in the thread. Not
> sure if Ratings Light support browsing ratings yet but I know there is
> an implementation for this in progress. Not sure which third party apps
> beside Material skin that supports setting ratings via Ratings Light at
> this stage. If you don’t use TrackStat you probably want to ensure to
> regularly take a backup of LMS database since currently TrackStat is the
> only plugin that provides nightly backups to xml files.
Thank you for your help, and extra special thank you for providing all
your great plugins.
Over the time i renamed huge parts of my library at least twice:-) and i
changed the rating guidance twice as well.
I just decided to start ratings from scratch. And i think the trackstat
still runs well on LMS 8:-)
Thanks a lot!

The Earth Has Music For Those Who Listen