afriend wrote:
> Trying to add even some basic support is going to be very tricky for me
> because I don't own a working IR for LMS (devices) that I could use for
> testing.
> I can't make any promises but if I come up with something I'll let you
> know here in this thread.

If SoftSqueeze still works you should be able to use that for testning,
it emulates the old classic Squeezebox devices including the remote. Not
sure IR button control is possible on the new devices (Touch/Radio), if
I remember correctly they process the IR commands on the device so it
isn’t possible to override them in a plugin.

TrackStat implements IR functions to set rating when holding a number
button if you like some code to look at. Let me know if you need help
and I’ll try to see if I can remember how it worked.

Developer of 'many plugins/applets'
(https://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/User_Erland.html)
*Starting with LMS 8.0 I no longer support my plugins/applets* ('see
here for more information'
(https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?49483-Announce-New-versions-of-erlands-plugins&p=998836&viewfull=1#post998836)
)