mrw wrote:
> I came across this -ffmpeg- ticket which suggests what correct handling
> should be: https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/7331
> Perhaps that is already happening. Or perhaps the ticket is wrong. I
> have no knowledge.
>

> Which is true in this case, because you happen to have an MP3 stream. In
> general, though, you might just be responding to random/corrupted data.
> But, whatever, it is doing the right thing.
>

> Personally, I don't think I would be in too much of a hurry. It's always
> good to allow matters to settle, and reflect on things. It's really good
> that you were able to locate the source of the problem so quickly.

That's for the pointer.  I'm going to revisit the aac decoder in the
coming days as when I tried the test file in that ticket, the track
position progressed through the entire track but no audio.
At least the decoder doesn't crash with the out of bounds patch applied.

Ralphy

*1*-Touch, *5*-Classics, *3*-Booms, *1*-UE Radio
'Squeezebox client builds'
(https://sourceforge.net/projects/lmsclients/files/) 'donations'
(https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=LL5P6365KQEXN&lc=CA&item_name=Squeezebox%20client%20builds&currency_code=USD&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF%3abtn_donate_SM%2egif%3aNonHosted)
always appreciated.