Okay, David and Mars. Are you feeling lucky? Here is the latest version
of the beta, with actual support for the Quick Select command in Zones 2
and 3. I have done all the testing I can without actually having a Zone
2 or 3, included actually sending Z2QUICKn commands to my receiver
without any apparent damage so far. ;-)

One other change since the last drop:  If there is no Quick Select
specified in the plugin menu for a zone AVR, the plugin will still
attempt to sync the AVR volume to the client volume. However, if the
client reports a volume of 0, the client and AVR will both be synced to
a client volume setting of 25 (on a scale of 100).  If the client
reports a volume > 75, both the client and AVR will be synced to 75 to
avoid "waking the neighbors". Both numbers are arbitrary and subject to
change. As always, feedback is welcomed.

Your debug logs will be useful in determining the validity of my
assumption that the replies to the Quick Select command for secondary
zones are analogous to those for the main zone, hopefully including the
volume setting of the zone being activated, thus allowing me to
synchronize the client volume to it without changing the AVR volume, as
is done with the main zone.

If you haven't already installed v3.0, I would advise doing that before
replacing the modules in the plugin directory. Thanks for your continued
help.

|Filename: Plugin.pm                                                |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=33893|

Sam