MarSOnEarth wrote:
> A brief look at the log confirms your hope/effort being realized. Two
> logs this time, the *1155 is with still with the player's output set to
> variable, and in the *1205 to fixed, all else as before. More comments
> later in DM, but so far it's all looking good. Thanks!

Wow! I'm happy. Those logs look almost perfect. How is everything
performing from your point of view? What client are you using with the
"fixed" volume control setting? The only negative I can see is that
apparently the Denon doesn't like getting volume commands telling it to
change the volume to the setting it's already at, which can happen with
small +/-1 or 2% changes. It doesn't bother to answer these requests at
all, causing them to time out. I'm going to look into what it might take
to store the current AVR volume somewhere and just ignore client  volume
requests that would not result in changing it. Am I right in assuming
that you have the Zone 2 Quick Select 3 volume set at 40dB? That is the
value I'm seeing in the responses to the QS command and am therefore
using to synch the client to during the startup sequence.

Thanks again for your help with the beta testing. It is greatly
appreciated.

Sam