Yes, I had the "Spotty ARM Legacy helper" plugin installed before and
all was working fine (before the latest Spotty update).

Ah, ok. Then let's go back to this and try to figure out why that would not work any more. There's no reason why the helper update would have broken this, as the legacy helper plugin is overriding the default helper.

Please get rid of whatever other helper plugin you've installed and install the "ARM Legacy Helper" again. Then enable logging for plugin.spotty, do some stuff, and come back with a description of what you tried, what failed, and send me the server.log.zip to

https://www.dropbox.com/request/T3RctyzGgNg0oFDubq6a

(but don't forget to order a Pi - LMS on Synology is the end)