rgdawson wrote:
> Squeezelite-X has an "experimental" Multi-Room feature to run multiple
> instances of squeezelite in order to drive separate soundcards.  (It is
> "experimental" because I don't have the equipment to really test it
> thoroughly.)  Anyway, using Squeezelite-X, you go into settings and
> choose the Output Device for the first player.  Then you can press the
> button with two diagonal squares to the right of the player name and
> that will take you to the "Multi-Room" tab, where you can enable/define
> additional players (Name/Output Device).  The second player will inherit
> any other settings from the first/primary player.
>
> (I was confused by your third paragraph, are you running
> Squeezelite-X?)
>
> 35789
>
> R Greg Dawson

Ok I will try this, but I'm still missing some dependencies,
VC++ 2015/18/19 installed

Let me try collect the error popups..

So far I've ran the process via command line and it works fine but
cannot get two outputs to remain, probably due to autokill upon 90sec of
inactivity,

Is there is extra switch or can I add something to my start script ?

The idea is to have this unit operating headlessly ( I can SSH or VNC to
it ...)but would like to avoid interaction to minimum, so my wife can
easily change outputs of something happens to the USB side of things, as
SPDiF is more idiot proof,

start /min "Process Monitor" /high
"C:\Squeezelite-X\Squeezelite-x64.exe" -D 100 -n "SPDiF" -o 10

This is my 1st  interface ( usb to coax) via  kernel streaming

Plain USB is -o 6

If I run it twice but pointing to different output, the later will
replace the previous one and becomes new default,  partial workaround
was to point to system default but tuning wasapi is suboptimal solution
sound wise,

I can't see this be uncommon situation, when there is several DACs
connected the the same host,
Roon deals with multiple interfaces just  fine but is such a overkill
for this scenario, and I would rather stick with LMS as kids can play
YouTube and Spotify via simpler DAC connected to smaller system  etc,
and I can play music on my DAC of choice in the main rig,

Thank you.