whitman wrote:

> I’m running iPeng on my MacBook Air M1 and using the Playback facility
> to make it a player. But I have a problem with it crashing when I try to
> play certain radio streams.
>
> (I should add that I can play any and every one of these streams
> perfectly well using iPeng with Playback on iOS devices, like my iPhone
> or iPad. It’s only when I try Playback on the Mac that I hit the
> problem.)
>
> I’ve tried to find common factors among the relevant streams, and
> quality seems to be one.
>
> All my 44.1 kHz streams play perfectly (for example Europa Jazz).
>
> The 48 kHz streams do not play (for example D-Dur Classical), nor does a
> 96 kHz one (Mother Earth). They do not play and they crash iPeng.
>
> The behaviour seems to be that when I play one of these higher-rate
> streams, it will instantly jump to a point a minute or two into the
> stream, and start counting down as if playing, but with no audio. The
> controls in iPeng for pause etc are frozen; it's crashed. Really
> frustrating!
>
> The codec does not seem to be a factor—some OGG streams play (for
> example Juke), some do not (CRo Jazz); some AAC streams play (for
> example Jazz24), some do not (Classic Jazz Radio).
>
> I’m connecting the laptop to LMS via wifi, so in iPeng Playback’s player
> prefs I have bitrate limiting for wifi set to off.
>
> A responder at the other thread suggested setting LMS’s Streaming Method
> to Proxied under Player/Settings/Audio, but that made no difference.
>
> On the laptop, in Audio MIDI Setup I have my headphone output set to
> 96kHz 2ch 32-bit Float, which is the highest possible. I’ve tried it at
> the other options, 44.1, 48, and 88.2, and that seems to make no
> difference.
>
> I really want to use iPeng like this on my laptop with headphones for my
> radio streams, which I have collected as Favourites sourced from the
> excellent Radio Now Playing app.
>
> Any ideas what’s going on here?

I contacted the developer, penguinlovesmusic, and they are
investigating. Will report back when I hear more. In the meantime, is
anyone here using iPeng with Playback on an M1 Mac? If so, any luck
playing streams such as...

D-dur Live classical, 48/OGG, crashes
http://amp.cesnet.cz:8000/cro-d-dur.flac

Mother Earth, 96/OGG, crashes
http://server9.streamserver24.com:18900/motherearth

...which are among the problematic (ie not-playing/iPeng-crashing) ones
for me.