erland;361622 Wrote:
> Sorting by author doesn't make much sense for me but showing the author
> for each plugin directly in a list is a good idea. As long as author is
> shown in the list, you can always use the search function in the web
> browser to find plugins from the same author even though they aren't
> sorted by author.

So i must confess i may be the only one who likes(*) sorting/grouping
by author...

peterw;361686 Wrote:
> If the page used a tabular layout, you could use a Javascript library to
> let the user sort the table at will. I'd suggest columns plugin name,
> repo URL, author, date modified (would need to be added to the XML). My
> PlayLog demo HTML shows one Javascript client-sorting library:
> http://www.tux.org/~peterw/slim/playlog-demo/songlist.html

...and yes, this would be a fine solution!

I think this was mainly caused by my "personal update algorithm". From
time to time i've visited the homepages of "my" plugin-authors to see
if there are updates available. But if all plugins use the new Plugin
Installer which will notify when new versions have been release i won't
have to do "group-by-author-and-update" anymore.

kind regards,
Markus

--
schiegl