Will SlimNAS install to the Live-CD version of FreeNAS, or does it need
to be an "embedded" (Flash/HDD) version?

I ask because

a) I'm getting the following error when I execute the bin/sh on
slimnas-install.sh

"Extracting Perl and supporting files...
"There has been a failure installing SlimNAS."

and no amount of troubleshooting (including manually unpacking the
Squeezecenter tgz file) has worked so far;

and

b) it doesn't appear to be explicitly stated anywhere whether it will
install to/run from the Live-CD version.  (If it is specified
somewhere, and I've missed it, my apologies!)

FreeNAS version: 0.686.4 (revision 3374)
SlimNAS version: slimnas-1.1.2.tgz
SqueezeCenter version: squeezecenter-noCPAN.tgz 26-Aug-2008

TIA,

Spider

--
SpiderJon