Henk51;368652 Wrote:
> FWIK, The first-time install it's better to use the Live-CD.
> Because, it's easy!
>
> a) You must rename slimnas-1.1.2.tgz to slimnas.tgz !!!!
> This isn't very well mentioned, but after hours I've discover that.

Yes, I noticed that too :-) But even with the slimnas tarball renamed
correctly, I still get the error message about a failed installation.

Henk51;368652 Wrote:
> b) If you haven't a CD-Drive you can set-up a bootable USB-Stick!
> with  the -embedded-version.
>
> ISO is the Live-CD version and IMG is used for USB-stick,
> or as update image for FreeNas.

I am using the
"Live-CD-boot-from-CD-drive-with-config-stored-on-floppy" version. (The
ThinkStation I am using as the FreeNAS h/w won't boot from a USB drive
anyway.)

rgds

Spider

--