I've tested on a Ubuntu 9.04 systems with latest SC 7.3.4 and AlienBBC
2.5-7.3.  It all worked OK.

The only idea I have is that perhaps there are left over files from 7.2
as plugins will have changed directories.

Besides dong a file search - a simple test would be to

1. Stop SC
2. Rename the file
/var/lib/squeezecenter/Cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/Alien/Bin/mplayer.sh
to say xxmplayer.sh
3. Restart SC
4. Check WebUI Settings/Advanced/File Types - all the RTSP setting
should be greyed out.  If they are not greyed out then there is a 2nd
mplayer.sh somewhere.
5. Stop SC ands rename the mplayer.sh file back to mplayer.sh

--
bpa